Material Testing Technology
Material Testing Technology is a leading manufacturer/ distributor of material testing equipment and accessories for the testing industry in the Wheeling, IL area. We supply the aerospace, automotive, testing and other industrial markets.
Material Testing Technology offers stability, growth opportunity and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit a MTT application and your resume as a Word or .pdf document by e-
MECHANICAL ENGINEER / CAD
This job entails AutoCad and or SolidWorks 80% of the time for the complete detailing of the machine / fixture assembly and components. The candidate is both the engineer and draftsperson. These essential duties must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
The individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Material Testing Technology offers stability, growth opportunity and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit a cover letter, including your desired salary range and your resume as a Word or PDF document by e-
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
* Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
* Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock, making sure stock is marked accurately.
* Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool vertical registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
* Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-
* Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgement.
Education / Experience:
A minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience in the areas described.
Experience using most recent AutoCad release.
Blueprint reading experience.
Authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis.
You can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or print the application out and drop it off in person.